Social Media Authority – Asia’s fastest growing social media marketing consultancy for business is expanding.
We are looking to fill several positions to help us continue our global expansion. As part of client demand for wider services, we are now seeking talented professionals to join our network of business consultants and marketers.
Social Media Authority is a disruptive, digital, marketing company. We provide a tailored social media marketing and digital consultancy service. Our services help our client’s to reach, social, online and mobile-first customers. We enable leading executives to achieve all their business goals. We have a Hong Kong HQ, where we are building a vibrant team who deliver Social Media marketing to help our global client base of Startups, SME’s and Corporations, made up of Founders, Entrepreneurs, C-suite and senior executives to achieve all of their business goals.
The new roles are:
- Managing Director North Asia – Hong Kong
- Managing Director South East Asia – Singapore
- Managing Director Australia & NZ – Sydney
The Managing Directors will be responsible for the development of Social Media Authority’s ASIA business growth strategy. This is an outstanding opportunity for an ambitious self starting business consultant, to develop new client accounts and manage business teams in Asia, in a fast paced and 24/7 social media environment to join a high-growth, mission-driven marketing and client focused organisation. Fantastic independent role with a great recurring commission upstream for uncapped earning potential.
Responsibilities: Business Development
Direct and organize business development strategy for your region. You will devise a business development strategy to target new clients, conduct research to look for new business opportunity’s to introduce social media authority services. Conduct business development outreach via – meetings, Skype and google Hangouts, presentations and telephone calls, send emails and use LinkedIn and social media channels to identify and connect with new account prospects. You will build a book of new business for your region, manage your territory growth forecast and ensure that clients are retained and their objectives are met.
- You will also in time be expected to build up your own business team of account managers and executives to assist you with the daily business development and operations
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality and achieving targets
- Ensure staff members receive timely and appropriate training and development for all their needs to enable them to become better at delivering for our clients
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountability, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct quarterly and annual performance appraisals, and administer contract/salary adjustments
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach: assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities; and monitor and evaluate results
- Recruit for new talent and develop them within a positive client focused performance related environment
- Minimum 3 years experience in a management or business development role gained in a high-growth organization/start up/young/tech dynamic company in the marketing/social media arena
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask
- Self starter who can work independently, get things done on their own without need for micromanaging
- Experience in account management and a proven track record of growing new business, closing contracts
- Demonstrate extensive social media knowledge, expertise and awareness
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- Self starter, independent and self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented, self motivated
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with clients, senior management, the CEO, and staff
You ideally need to be:
- A permanent resident, living and working in Singapore, Sydney or Hong Kong for at least 5 years
- Have experience in sales and marketing
- Have extensive experience working with ASIAN clients
- Have extensive experience of working with young and millennial teams in Asia
- Have a passion for Social Media, marketing and technology
- A leader that others will respect
- Excellent standard of written and verbal English is an absolute must, local languages like Mandarin, Cantonese is a plus
We are also looking for independent General Managers/Country Heads, Business Consultants and Social Media Managers/Marketers for the following countries:
- Hong Kong
- China (Shanghai/Beijing)
- Japan (Tokyo)
- Korea (Seoul)
- Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur)
- Indonesia (Jakarta)
- Philippines (Manila)
- Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City/Hanoi)
- Thailand (Bangkok)
Similar criteria as above MD roles apply, however you will be working independently on a contracted bases until your permanent offices are established through our expansion program in your own country. The above positions therefore are offered as independent/freelance/contract roles that would suit candidates who are working remotely from home or their own offices.
We also welcome exiting senior media professionals with clients who they can bring on-board and other agencies in Asia who are interested in outsourcing their business social media to us or having a Hong Kong presence by partnering with us. We will provide complete training, business media kits and full branded sales materials and Saas tools (email, reporting, project management tools) to get started.
Please send cover letters and CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject Line: Job Application.