Social Media Authority – Asia’s fastest growing social media marketing consultancy for business is expanding.
Who we are
We are a team of 20 people working to make life for our clients, easier on social media. Social Media Authority provides digital marketing services to help individuals, businesses and publishers build an audience online and engage with followers as effectively as possible to develop new customers and clients.
What we do
We are building a vibrant team who deliver Social Media and digital marketing solutions to an international client base of Startups, SME’s and Corporations, made up of Founders, Entrepreneurs, C-suite’s and senior marketing executives to achieve all of their business goals.
Where are we based
Although Hong Kong is our central HQ and hub for APAC, we all work remotely and do the hours we choose as a fully distributed team. When I say we’re a distributed team, I mean that we’re literally spread across the globe. Social Media Authority is a team of 20 right now, and we are in seven countries so far.
You can work in the place that makes you happy, that inspires you daily, and helps you to become the person that you wish to be. You will work daily with team members scattered around the world and across time zones to deliver global services and build an international book of business.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for individuals to take up B2B sales rep’s roles to help us continue our regional expansion. As part of our business development strategy, we are now seeking independent talented sales professional’s to join our business as sale consultant or business partner.
What do we pay you
This is a commission only position, we pay 20% commission for all clients signed. The 20% payment is made every month, for the duration and life of the client contracts that you have signed and brought in. We also pay you the same percentage for any other clients associated with yours or that your client’s introduce or refer. Once a new client is signed, you will not be expected to manage the client daily, as this will be handled by one of our account management team to help you.
we’ve experimented with new elements of work: Job titles and no Job titles, managers and no managers, office and no office. We don’t work on a fixed schedule or from a fixed location. In particular, in 2015 we experimented with a new organizational structure that eliminated the need for managers, bosses and formal hierarchy. Since then, our journey hasn’t been a straight path. In fact, sometimes it looks more like a circle.
You can choose your own title that you feel will help you open the door to new clients and close new business contracts. You can choose your own hours, do as much or as little as you want based on your own schedule. Obviously the more effort you can make the more you will earn.
You will be responsible for the development of Social Media Authority’s ASIA business growth strategy. This is an outstanding opportunity for an ambitious self starting business consultant, to develop new client accounts and manage business teams in Asia, in the fast growing industry of social media. This is a great chance for you to help build up your own book and portfolio of international clients and customers and earn a monthly uncapped income, effectively manage your own business, with the full support of the social media authority team.
You will be joining a high-growth, mission-driven marketing and client focused organisation. Fantastic independent role with a great recurring commission upstream for uncapped earning potential.
Responsibilities: Business Development
Direct and organize business development strategy for your region. You will devise a business development strategy to target new clients, conduct research to look for new business opportunities to introduce social media authority services. Conduct business development outreach via – meetings, Skype and google Hangouts, presentations and telephone calls, send emails and use LinkedIn and social media channels to identify and connect with new account prospects. You will build a book of new business for your region, manage your territory growth forecast and ensure that clients are retained and their objectives are met.
- You will over time, be expected to build up your own upstream – business team of account managers and executives to assist you with the daily business development and operations.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality and achieving targets
- Ensure staff members receive timely and appropriate training and development for all their needs to enable them to become better at delivering for our clients
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountability, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct quarterly and annual performance appraisals, and administer contract/salary adjustments
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach: assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities; and monitor and evaluate results
- Recruit for new talent and develop them within a positive client focused performance related environment
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a B2B sales or digital/social business development role gained in a high-growth organization/start up/young/tech dynamic company in the marketing and social media arena
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask
- Self-starter who can work independently, get things done on their own without need for micromanaging
- Experience in account management and a proven track record of growing new business, closing contracts
- Demonstrate extensive social media knowledge, expertise and awareness
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- Self starter, independent and self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented, self motivated
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with clients, senior management, the CEO, and staff
- A permanent resident, living and working in your own country
- Have experience in sales and marketing
- Have extensive experience working with ASIAN clients
- Have extensive experience of working with young and millennial teams in Asia
- Have a passion for Social Media, marketing and technology
- A leader that others will respect
- Excellent standard of written and verbal English is an absolute must, local languages like Mandarin, Cantonese is a plus but not required.
We also welcome exiting senior media professionals with clients who they can bring on-board and other agencies who are interested in outsourcing or JV their business with us or having a Hong Kong presence by partnering with us.
We will provide complete training, business media kits and full branded sales materials, email adress and online tools (email, reporting, and project management tools) to get you started.
Please send cover letters and CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org