Client Case Study for Green Cola, in this case study will deep dive and analyze our work for one of our clients Green Cola. Bringing the Green Cola Brand to Hong Kong with Social Media
- Green Cola is a soft drink aimed at consumers with sugar sensitivities like diabetes and health conscious and better lifestyle focused consumers.
- The drink uses natural stevia rather than sugar to sweeten the drink. This zero-calorie cola is also absent of aspartame or any preservatives and contains natural flavourings and natural caffeine derived from green coffee beans
- Green Cola was launched in Greece in 2011 and is available in the UK, across Europe and also in Hong Kong since 2016.
- Social Media Authority was hired to manage Green Cola’s social media channels on a monthly basis, 6 days per week in Feb 2017. Effectively helped Increase Green Cola’s brand awareness and market activation in Hong Kong through its major social media channels: Facebook and Instagram
- The objective was to use social media to become the leading soft drinks brand with a regional voice on health and dieting topics. Promote the brand and product and increase online to offline in-store purchase
Fundamentals of our social media strategy
- Posting content focused on specific customer needs and not company needs that promote engagement with the brand through visually-stimulating images, videos, links, and compelling content
- Content that creates an authenticity about the brand
- Create momentum through delivering consistent and valuable information
- Develop a core social media calendar – map content delivery strategy through selected social channels
- Include a strong call-to-action and push engagement with company’s website or offline and instore
- Follow the 4-1-1 Rule and/or the 70-20-10 Rule
- Balance of organic posts and paid ads
- Strive to understand our audience
- Objectives: Fully understand the client business objectives, SWOT, target audience – to increase in-store purchase and brand product awareness through social media online to offline reach, engagement, and conversion.
- Social media audit: Understand the current state of existing social media, who, what, why and how. Conducted against the existing social media channels, identify current strengths and weaknesses and opportunity for optimisation. Core focus on 1) reach and 2) engagement 3) Conversion
- Communication: Language we are communicating in Traditional Chinese and English.
- Target audience: Define who are we talking to, demographics, interests, behavioral insights
- Social Media Strategy plan: based on our completed audit data, product and brand guidelines, objectives, competitor analysis, demographics and market conditions we developed an overall strategic plan to drive the objectives via social media
- Media content posting plan: Organic post content – build out bilingual and standalone English/Chinese content calendar, written post content set up covering a full monthly content posting schedule running daily over 6 days per week, Mon – Sat.
- Social Advertising plan: Targeted social media adverts on Facebook and Instagram.
- Creative Assets: Develop and design visually-stimulating images, videos, blogs, and compelling content and call to action, bringing the brand to the top of mind when consumers shop for soft drinks. All ads, creative assets, and video were developed by our agency social media authority.
- Feedback loop: Execution, analysis, optimisation
- Reporting: Feedback performance progress, data, and insights
Activation in the market
Posts have included outdoor themes which we know reach and engage our target audience well. Example pictures of inspiring outdoors like the CWB Golf Club and other natural environments.
All our posts are aimed to target customer brand segments: 1) Homemakers and family’s, 2) Health-Conscious Consumers, 3) Millennials. Pushing a balanced mix of distribution outlets and brand product messaging.
- We researched themes and developed very specific types of content that fit the target profile and interest of the prospect audience
- Posts continue to use outdoor themes which we know reach and engage our audience well.
- We have also pushed store promotions running in July, including health and fitness themes.
- All posts are targeted to our core segments 1) Homemakers and family’s, 2) Health-Conscious Consumers, 3) Millennials.
Supermarket and outlets awareness
• Outdoors and achievement – Spirit of adventure and health
• Have you tried Green Cola Yet? – Awareness Awareness Awareness
• Weight loss and health, KOL/Influencer video benefits
Social Media advertising
Ads included a good mix of lifestyle and family oriented awareness. Ads are split into reach and engagement segments. Ad groups were broken down into profile segments selected in Facebook Admanager. We were able to build up look-alike audiences to maximise the conversion rate in the matche audience.
Social Media advertising A/B split test
Our Targeted ads were seen by over 500,000 prospective consumers during the campaign period.
Ads were split into an A/B test of 2 sets: A) Chinese and B) English for testing. Both performed well, but we eventually split the budget over to the winning ad set to reduce cost per engagement and higher ROI.
We pushed awareness of Bestmart 360 and ParkNShop outlets with different themes through the season Targeting: 1) Homemakers, 2) Health-Conscious Consumers, 3) Millennials.
Increase viral engagement with competitions: FREE 24 can giveaway
- We ran our first comp in full Chinese and a separate English version.
- English post reached 1,835 people. 29 Likes and 18 Comments. 26 shares. 47 Post Clicks.
- We reached 892 People with the Chinese Post. 11 Likes, 1 Love, 1 Wow 8 Comments and 35 Post clicks. 32 shares
Extending our campaign to Instagram
41% of millennials have followed a brand in the last month
Nike, for example, is one of the most engaged brands on Instagram. A recent study by Global Web Index demonstrates how the company’s latest partnership with Instagram is likely to be a success.
The survey revealed that three-quarters of Nike-Buying Millennials are using Instagram every month, making it the most popular social platform for this audience. This audience is also 41% more likely to have followed a brand in the last month, and 52% are more likely to have commented on brand content.
What does this mean for marketers?
If you are targeting millennials you must keep in mind their willingness for brand-interaction and brand loyalty on social media. Look at integrating Instagram into your strategy if you are not already using it. this is exactly what we did for Green Cola Hong Kong.
The importance of video in social media
- Facebook video receives, on average, 135 percent more organic reach than a Facebook photo and 73 percent of marketers say that video positively impacts marketing ROI.
- Online videos will account for more than 80% of all consumer internet traffic by 2020 (CISCO, 2016).
- Over 8 billion videos or 100 million hours of videos are watched on Facebook every day (TechCrunch, 2016; TechCrunch, 2016).
- 10 billion videos are watched on Snapchat every day (Bloomberg, 2016)
- We began testing boomerang and video clips for Green Cola since June 2017
- Our Can Flip Video reached over 17k People, with over 5k engagements. This indicates a good start to using this format to reach our fans and customers. At the end of July, we made further recommendations on a budget to continue to use this format
Successful Results (Period March – July 2017)
- Increased Organic Reach by: 80%
- Total Reach: 575,487 highly targeted consumers with health concerns in Hong Kong: 30% lift
- Post Engagements: 106% lift
- Videos: 170% lift
- Increase of in-store awareness 5x
- Reach is very strong, targeted posts and ads focusing on distribution outlets where prospects can buy Green Cola along with promoting a healthy lifestyle and benefits of the drink is fundamental to the distribution growth and consumer awareness
- Our continuing objective is to bring Green Cola to top of mind when customers are thinking about soft drink purchases, healthy refreshment beverages, and overall better, healthier living.
- Consistent messaging and balanced approach to fun and engaging “education” of health and dietary benefits with a balanced and happy lifestyle will continue to yield the most effective results.
- Language recommendation is to continue with Chinese and English bilingual language due to the affinity of the product being positioned as an international brand.
Managing social media takes time and expertise, especially when your business or brand is trying to maintain a presence on multiple social media accounts. Just learning about the different markets takes time, and then it can be a challenge to develop engaging and informative posts that promote your brand, reach, engage and convert your target audience.
Some businesses delegate the maintenance of social media pages to someone already working in the office, but this tends to result in inconsistent quality. Personal experience with social media is very useful, but even a single marketer with a Facebook page is not necessarily equipped to project a professional image for your brand.
Budgeting for social media also allows you to pay for advertising, which can increase the size of your following and get a better positive impact on your brand or business.
Ultimately, social media is a complex field when it comes to maximizing the growth and return for your brand or business. The initial steps setting up your social accounts can be accomplished by anyone with a moderate level of social media experience. However using social media pages effectively and generating tangible results demands dedication, consistency, and experience.
With the right help, social media can make 2018 a big year for your brand and business.
Social media authority provides a complete social media marketing solution to help achieve all of your business objectives through social media. If you want social media success without the headaches then get in touch with us now: email@example.com